Today I received the ok from the employment office. I can go on a 3 week holiday over christmas and new year. I already listed many ideas and selected the important holidays. During the last days I created a list with possible places I can visit. I read the complete Lonely Planet (more or less; I started this in June). Here the first key points for this trip:
- Kanazawa .. one of the three perfect Japanese Garden;
- Amanohashidate .. one the three famous sceneries; after that I visited them all
- Kyoto .. to visit the temples I forgot in 2004.
- Onsen with snow
- 31.12. New Years Eve in a temple (maybe ringing the bell)
The list for Tokyo is also done:
- Tokyo Jissha
- the new Sky Tree (634m, viewing platform at 450m)
- Jan.01 .. new year visit of temples and shrines
- Jan.02 .. visit of the inner emperor palace and new year greetings of the Tenno
- Jan.06 .. the fire fighter parade (dezome shiki)
- the missing metropolitain garden
- Sengaku-ji; the third well known temple; with the graves of the 47 ronin
btw … The name of this blog entry (door 1) is derived from the tradition of the christmas calendar. In the december you open a door every day until christmas eve. I counted. The flights starts in 24 days. From now on I will open a door every day and provide you with more information about this 5th journey to Japan.